HKUST is a leading young university that strives for excellence in innovation and making a difference in the world!
Financial Times EMBA Rankings 2007, 2009-2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- 10,100+ Undergraduate Students
- 5,900+ Postgraduate Students
- 80+ Nationalities
- English as the Medium of Instruction
- 690+ Faculty and Teacher staff (All faculty members with PhD from World’s Top Universities)
- 60 hectare campus
- 110+ student-led clubs and societies
- 10 undergraduate halls
- 4,500+ hall places
We cultivate open dialogue and knowledge exchange to stimulate innovative thinking.
HKUST offers students a myriad of opportunities to learn from the best and test their ideas in the world arena.
We allow prospective students great flexibility during the application process.
- School-based Admissions
- Flexible Combinations
- University Common Core
- Broad-based Curriculum
Learn more about Our Programs.
Hong Kong is one of the world’s biggest financial hubs. As an international metropolitan, Hong Kong is also one of the world’s most culturally integrated cities, having both Eastern and Western perspectives. Hong Kong is an ideal place to live, study, experience city dynamics and learn about different cultures, offering many opportunities for your future career.
Studying abroad in Hong Kong opens doors in Asia and worldwide. In a nutshell, Hong Kong offers:
- a talented pool of English, Cantonese and Mandarin-speaking professionals attuned to both the Asian and international markets;
- internship and career opportunities in multinational companies and a highly international environment in Hong Kong;
- the advantages of being in the heart of Asia.
Hong Kong’s city center is less than an hour from Mainland China, with half of the world’s population within 5 hours’ flight time. It serves, and will continue to serve, as Asia’s economic hub. The local public transportation is very convenient, allowing visitors to travel to any part of Hong Kong easily.
As a government-funded university, HKUST is financially supported by the Hong Kong government. Not only are the tuition fees and the University-provided accommodations affordable, students also enjoy student rates when taking MTR and using some public services in the city.
Non-local graduates may apply to stay/return in Hong Kong for 12 months without other conditions of stay. Non-local students can also take up internships and part-time on-campus and summer jobs during study.